The Get Away

pic

This picture is an representation of a time when I attempted to escape my problems, and go far far away from everyone. I took this picture August 16, 2013. This is far rockaway beach in Queens NY. I remember 0n this day I was particularly upset because of some family and personal issues I had to deal with, it was so much to handle, with that  I left my house in Brooklyn got on the train and went to a place that I knew was quiet and peaceful. In the photograph  I was sitting on a bench on the board walk, but I later made my way to the sand where I just laid there, thinking, and having a very interesting conversation with myself about priorities. The weather was wonderful. It was warm and  sunny with blue skies, this was my ideal setting for a place to escape to.

2 Responses to The Get Away

1. Hi Patrick,
    Please proof your work before posting to the site. Also, present the proper information: title/date/photographer’s name. Interesting composition and use of frame.
    Prof. Scanlan

2. Kariluz S. says:

I really like this photograph because in a way, it reminds me of my country. I come from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The city location is in the southeast section of the country where we have a lot of beach front views pretty much all over the place. By looking at this photograph I get a feeling of relaxation, I feel very calm just admiring the golden sand, dark blue water far back and the blue skies as they come together in lines. I could say that it takes my mind away from the jungle of living in such a crowed city like New York.