- Date: Tuesday, 11/17/20, 4:05 – 5:45pm
- Meeting Info: The class will meet live on zoom today (password is the same as last time – send me an email if you need a reminder).
- Exam #3: The third exam will take place on Thursday, 11/19. The review sheet can be found here.
To-Do Before Class
- Chapter 10: Induction (Part 2: Induction with sums and more)
- Understand and apply the technique of mathematical induction to prove universal statements about the Natural Numbers.
- Use induction to prove statements involving sums of arbitrary length.
Groups will select timeslots for presentations today (2 groups per day, Tuesday 12/1 and Thursday 12/3).
To-Do After Class
Recall: Your Group Paper initial draft is due 11/17.
Written work due 11/24: Chapter 10: 1, 2, 5, 10, 15
Submitting written work (instructions)
- Take a picture of each written page of your assignment, and combine the pictures into a single pdf document.
- How to create a pdf (includes instructions for iOS (iPhone), Android, Mac and Windows)
- Give the document a name that will help me identify it, for example: “JRodriguez-Class1Homework.pdf”
- Use this upload link to upload your pdf (this link connects to a Dropbox folder, but you do NOT need to have a Dropbox account to use it).