Class Info

• Date: Tuesday, 11/10/20, 4:05 – 5:45pm
  • Meeting Info: The class will meet live on zoom today (password is the same as last time – send me an email if you need a reminder).
  • Exam #3: The third exam will take place on Thursday, 11/19. The review sheet can be found here.

To-Do Before Class

• N/A

Topics

• Chapter 9: Disproof

Objectives

• Understand and apply techniques for disproving conjectures of various forms (universal statements, conditional statements, existential statements, as well as disproof by contradiction)

Activities

Meeting recording

Lecture notes:

There will be a group activity in class today – you will have an opportunity to complete the group activity from last week (Refine your conjecture, 11/3), and I will meet with each group to discuss your conjecture and group paper.

To-Do After Class

Recall: Your Group Paper initial draft is due 11/17.

Written work due 11/17: Chapter 9: 3, 4, 5

Submitting written work (instructions)

• Take a picture of each written page of your assignment, and combine the pictures into a single pdf document.
  • Give the document a name that will help me identify it, for example: “JRodriguez-Class1Homework.pdf”
  • Use this upload link to upload your pdf (this link connects to a Dropbox folder, but you do NOT need to have a Dropbox account to use it).