“Time is Infinite” Charles Potter

Time is Infinite

“Time is Infinite”

Last Thursday I was having a conversation with a good longtime friend Sas and I initiated the conversation of infinity by telling him I have an assignment for my Calc II class explaining what infinity means to us and everyday life. The conversation went like this;

Potter: When you hear the word infinity what comes to mind?
Sas: What?! To infinity and beyond, Buzz light year yo, that’s the first thing I think of…
Potter: Somebody already did that..
Sas: Damn, that’s all I could think of man, what you came up with so far?
Potter: I had the idea with the mirror in the mirror to create that illusion of infinity but I took too long to put it up and someone beat me to it.
Sas: What about the sky?
Potter: Already been done, couple of times…
Sas: What about sperm yo… Ha Ha Ha!!! That’s infinite Ha Ha!!
Potter: Ayo… You crazy man… This a math class not biology or chemistry… I’m trying to pass not fail!!
Sas: Word you get expelled with the quickness…
Potter: I was thinking of the beach, the water goes from shore to shore infinitely.
Sas: I got pictures from my trip to Mexico, couple of them are of beach..
Potter: I gotta take the pictures myself
Sas: How the professor gone know you didn’t take them yourself…
Potter: Word, that’s plan B
Sas: What about the toilet/ sink, water goes down the drain…
Potter: Yeah water goes down the drain and get re-used
Sas: There u go…
Potter: l’ll take a picture of the sink at work.

For the most part that’s how the conversation went, (a PG-13 version of it). But upon further research I realized that the sink idea was not a good example of infinity. While I was at work looking at the clock waiting for work to finish it finally came to me…
“Time is infinite”
This picture of my wrist watch symbolizes infinity. Time waits for no one. Time is money. These are popular phrases revolving around time.

Two movies that remind me of infinity are “Inception” and “Limitless”. Inception is about how the main character gets into your subconcious  and creates your dreams to alter your decisions in reality. The concept of infinity comes into play with the idea that you can create dreams within a dream within a dream and that this can probably continue to an infinite amount of times.

The next movie “Limitless” is how and average guy who takes a pill is able to unlock what seems to be an infinite potential of what his brain can learn and apply.

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/66TuSJo4dZM” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/THE_hhk1Gzc?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

I tried embedding both videos but not sure why the url isn’t showing up/ displaying the video clips.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.