The grades for Exam 3 have been posted on the “Grades” page (see the link in the menu bar above). The exams will be returned to you following Spring Break.
One-Time Only Special Offer (Due Tuesday, May 1st). This optional assignment will allow you to earn up to 10 additional points on Exam #3. The assignment should be completed on paper (handwritten or typed), and must be neat, complete, and stapled together for full credit. The idea behind this assignment is for you to focus on a problem that you missed, figure out what you did wrong, and learn how to complete it correctly.
Choose one problem that you missed. It is in your benefit to choose a problem for which you missed at least 10 points. Include the following:
- The problem number.
- The number of points you missed on that problem.
- One or more complete sentences describing specifically what you did wrong (Did you make a calculation error? Did you make a mistake in a formula? Did you simply not know the steps required to solve the problem? Give me the details.)
- A complete solution to the problem, showing all steps.
Some important things to know:
- If you need help figuring out what you did wrong, or how to do the problems correctly, a great resource is the Learning Center on the ground floor of the Atrium Building (AG-18). They provide free tutoring during normal school hours.
- When you hand in this assignment, you must include your original exam, stapled to the back of the assignment.
- The assignment should be completed on paper (handwritten or typed), and must be neat, complete, and stapled together for full credit.
- You will be awarded up to 10 bonus points, added to your Exam 3 score, based on this assignment.
- You can NOT earn more bonus points than the number of points you missed on the problem (which is why it is in your benefit to choose a problem for which you missed at least 10 points). If, for example, you choose a problem for which you missed only 8 points, then you will have a maximum of 8 bonus points added to your score.