“Infinity” First introduciton, Tollisha Thompson

The idea of infinity was first introduced to me when I was about 6 years old. My friend and I wereĀ debating about whoĀ had the most toys. She said that she hadĀ infinity amount of toys. I had no idea what the word meant andĀ sheĀ could not explain to me what it meant. IĀ went to my mom to askĀ her about the meaning of infinity,Ā and she explained that it is a number that goes on forever.Ā I was fascinated and imagined aĀ something going and going andĀ never ending. When IĀ saw my friend later on in the day, I told her that I had infinity infinity amountĀ of toys.

The photo above shows the Milky Way. It has an infinite amount of stars. There are so many stars that it connot be counted. Looking at the picture you can see that it is not easy to count the stars and or planets.

The other photo is also my idea of infinity. No matter where in the world you are, you are able to see the sky. It seems to be everywhere and goes on and on.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to “Infinity” First introduciton, Tollisha Thompson

1. Jonas Reitz says:

Hi Tollisha — great post, thanks for getting things going so early! I love the Milky Way photo, BUT you must use a photo you took yourself. You should be able to make edits to your post, so you can add a photo to it (you can even keep the one you have, if you wish — just add one that you took yourself, plus an explanation).
    Thanks,
    Mr. Reitz

2. I am a faculty member in the Hospitality Department and I enjoyed reading your post. As children we are so caught up in the idea of forever, that it is almost impossible to understand the limitations of the things around us. Now as adults we see life differently but I hope that you still find that you have an “infinity, infinity” amount of the things that you truly value.

3. shamonie22 says:

Thanks professor Goodlad. The infinite thing that I treasure is the love that I have for my family and friends.