BP 13: Ulmer Meeting

My question to Ulmer was Will digital education continue to corrupt the minds of students  and deter them away from traditional learning establishments?

When asking this question to Ulmer, his response was that there would be a change of curriculum inside of education especially with electracy so popularized with the evolution of technology. Because there is a shift in the way students are learning, electracy must be taught in forms of entertainment that way it keeps students engaged. I thought that this would become an overall good idea because not a lot of students know or understand what electracy is until being told or taught in college. Electracy should be taught to students when they are entering the school where they are introduced into computers and other forms of technology. As time moves on, who knows where electracy will take us because technology is constantly being evolved and humanity are the ones producing and controlling it.

My impressions of this meeting was informative. We had been reading Ulmer’s piece for several weeks and to hear his explanations and processes was enlightening. It made what we read much clearer and understandable because reading his piece just created more questions than answers. So just hearing his answers and explanations put his piece into perspective while providing insight and knowledge about electracy.

One Response to BP 13: Ulmer Meeting

1. Naila says:

Hello Tiana,

Ulmer’s response to your question was very interesting!

I definitely think the theory of electracy should be introduced in our education system when technology and education coincide. The theory of electracy gives us a better understanding of how technology and humanity come together to produce different mediums.