Bp 13

My question to Greg Ulmer was “Is the Era of electracy affecting our mental health negatively? If yes, what steps can we take to prevent future damage?

Professor Ulmer answered the question comprehensively. For example, he began answering the question by giving examples of a few useful books that speak of Electracy and its effect on society and mental. He also used the term innervation while answering the question. He stated that “at some point, you know the tipping point you pass from an oral to literate civilization or from a literate to Electracy. There’s a shock and you have to be innervated in order to survive and thrive in that”. In addition to that, he mentioned mutation and sensorium function while answering the question and how our brain changes from “too much screen time”. Professor Ulmer’s response somehow answered my question and I believe I can have an outstanding answer by reading the books he has mentioned while answering the question. I assume those books speak further concerning Electracy and its effect on mental health. 

The video was very enlightening. I was extremely grateful to see professor Ulmer OnLive and actually have the chance to ask him a question. I definitely have a better understanding of Electracy. However, I wouldn’t consider myself a proficient student of Electracy. Therefore, I hope to continue reading his piece and unpacking the Electracy.