blog post 7

This picture connects to the article because i think of the whole world as an panopticon, where there the world is divided into two groups the watchers and the watched. As to in my picture you can see clearly that I am the watcher and the person in the picture is the watched “surveillance in this sense is subject to an economy that consistently seeks to rationalize relationships among people and things to better manner the future “and agree with this quote because people do seem to do thing better when them being watched

Reading Zuroff piece i got the idea that nothing is as it seems to be, and that we only have half the picture and not the whole picture. “The headline story is that it’s not so much about the nature of digital technology as bout a new mutant form of capitalism that had found a way to use tech for its purpose the name Zuroff has given the news variety is surveillance that billions of people cheerfully use ennobling the providers of those servicers to monitor the behavior of those users, in ast0nshing detail without their explicit consent”,

One Response to blog post 7

1. Surprised you didn’t mention sousveillance here. I’d like to see you draw out the connection to the Zuboff piece more completely.