Warm Up

Hello my name is Tiana and I am excited to join this course. I was born and raised here in New York, but I’ve lived in two out of the five boroughs but I currently live in Brooklyn. One of my passions is entertainment mainly writing. I love to write whether it be short stories, novels, and poetry. I want to one day make it into the entertainment business as a writer whether that be for movies, tv, blogs, comics, and even publish my own book series one day. Though I know this is a long shot and it’s hard to get into the entertainment business, I want to pursue something where I know I’ll be happy and enjoy doing as a career.

In Hairston’s essay the quote “But even with mounting evidence that their conceptual model doesn’t work, supporters of the traditional paradigm resist change because they have an intellectual and sometimes emotional investment in the accepted view,” caught my attention. This is true in a lot of ways because it compares to having a goal whether it be career or just a simple goal for example saving up for an expensive vacation. When anyone spends time with a project that they believe will work and all of a sudden it’s changed or altered in any way can really cause for backlash and resistance. It’s almost like giving up on what you worked so hard for just for someone else to find a way to make it better showing that you’ve done all the extra work for nothing. I can relate to this is in a lot a ways as I have given up sometimes when I can’t seem to find the solution to any problem I might have. But I push through and do what I have to to make sure that in the end I didn’t do this for nothing; making sure that my end result will be something that me and others can be proud of.