Warm up-BP

1. My name is Sandy Fougeres. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. My parents are from Haiti and so I understand Haitian Creole and have visited Haiti however I am not fluent in speaking it. I have a two year old daughter and  I currently live in East New York and have lived in Queens and as a child I spent time in New Orleans, LA. I went to Kingsborough C.C where I graduated and afterward attended Brooklyn College for a semester. Then was when I realized I wanted to become a dental assistant and decided to go to a trade school. After working in dentistry I understood that I hated it honestly and took some time off. During this period I realized the love I always had for writing and decided on becoming a technical writer. My goals are to make this my career and hopefully establish myself and family in a different state.
  2. “Young adds that underlying the traditional paradigm is what he calls the ‘vitalist’ attitude…that no one can really teach anyone else how to write because writing is a mysterious creative activity that cannot be categorized or analyzed.” This means that the existing paradigm cannot be challenged because writing in itself is a creative process unlike science. Essentially a writer has this idea then organizes that idea on paper the idea can be anything in any genre. I think that this is true to an extent I believe that writing is a creative activity and the process can be that too. However so can any discipline really, science can be creative in how a paradigm shift causes a disruption and now there are scientist who are trying to find new ways in solving a new problem. Sometimes creativity is needed in solving a problem sometimes the traditional way is insufficient. This makes me feel like even though it was stated that writing cannot be categorized or analyzed it actually can be. I feel like the paradigm shift can be in how we go about writing certain topics maybe even how we edit when considering how advance technology is becoming and also how language is changing. Though writing is more freeing then some disciplines I believe that with how rapidly the world is changing  there is always room for something new.