Two things for next class:
For next class, we’re going to come up with our three ideas. We’ll spend some time in class today brainstorming. For next class, sketch out your ideas in a blog post where you explain, in as much detail as possible, what your idea is and how you came up with it. In other words, let us know what inspired you and how you got from there to your current ideas. Make sure to let us know:
- What is your background going to be?
- What are the colors you want to use? Make sure that you use colors that play off contrasts.
- What images, icons, and graphics are going to be in each image?
- How is text going to be used?
For each one, make sure to include a hand drawn sketch, take a photo of it, and post it along with each description. The sketch does not have to have every single detail worked out, but you should have a coherent visual representation for each one.
Make sure to open a Piktochart account and watch the tutorial. Youtube is filled with other tutorials, so take some time to watch those. Get started drafting your infographic and post your work in progress. At the end of the tutorial, you can download it as an image file (jpg). I’m not expecting it will be complete, but do post your progress and be prepared to discuss.
- Delete old version of GIMP. Download new version of GIMP and install on thumb drive.
- Jordan, Reclaim the Streets–vision and inspiration
- Review and discuss images from last class.
- 5 Minute Freewrite.
- GIMP Tutorial
- Get started on the work for next class, including the Piktochart Tutorial.