For Monday 3/21

As per the syllabus, there’s no blog post due on Monday and since we don’t have class on Wed, you’re going to have a break until next week. I designed it this way so that you could get moving on your Issue Projects, so please take advantage of that . . . .

You still are required to comment on Response 9 before class.

About the film we discussed, I’m going to choose Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution, which premiered at the 2015 Sundance film festival. If anyone has other suggestions, please leave them in the comments below.

Here’s a brief bit:

Readings are still required. Do make sure you are prepared for class. See you Monday and have a pleasant weekend.

5 Responses to For Monday 3/21

1. Abigale says:

There is a documentary on Netflix called “The Black Power Mixtape.” The synopsis says, “From 1967 to 1975, a film crew directed their cameras at America’s Black Power movement, producing footage that remained unreleased for decades.” It was released in 2011 and there are some interesting clips from interviews with Angela Davis. I guess this is very similar to the documentary you have suggested, and yours is also more recent, but this is just another suggestion.

2. A week ago, while on my news app I came across this article and video. This reminded me of the film we watched in class “King Corn.”

3. Thanks for that link, Kim! What is the science there, I wonder.