response 2

In chapter two Postman talks about different scientist. He talks about why science is important. In the story the author talks about the three stages of development technology. Postman writes about characteristics of culture and the tools that symbolize culture. A new military was created. This was created to fight on horses. The author writes about modern technocracies and the inventions that were created that time.

I feel that the author mentioned good inventors like Galileo who invented the telescope. In todays world the telescope is still used by many people. I feel science is part of todays world of technology. Science is important because knowing science can help create lots of new inventions. When the author talked about the horses in the military, I feel fighting on horses was a thing of the past.

2 Responses to response 2

1. We’re going to need some more detail in these posts. Spend some more time, if you can, trying to get a grasp on more of what is being said.

2. Abigale says:

This is missing a significant amount of information, especially since Postman’s essay was well over 30 pages. This should have been much longer and filled with much more details. Postman described various societies and the effects that technologies had on long-standing traditional values and world views.