Response 13: Final Tactical Media Project Ideas from Duncombe

“..But really at this point, what do we have to lose?” That is how Duncombe finishes the first chapter of his book, Dream: Reimagining Progressive Politics in an Age of Fantasy.

It very much correlates with what we are aiming to do in our class as a final project. As a group, being fairly novices in the field of voicing out against oppression from people with money and power, I believe that the only thing going for us is our diversity in the class. Each individual has a specific set of experiences to offer to our project which can agree with the entertainment-craving minds of today’s people. Entertaining is quite a challenge. Innovation is quite a challenge. That is why it is not in the hands of any one person in the group to bring about the entire project on their shoulders. If every individual in our group lends a hand with what they personally have to offer, we will be able to create something which will surprise even us.

I realize that most of what I am saying sounds quite vague. On a clearer note, I think one of the things we should strive for is the sense of irony on our audience. Much of Duncombe’s chapter is filled with examples of how we have mistakenly chiseled the wrong path to voicing our opinions for freedom. That is always going to be a challenge. Chiseling our way forward and being heard in voicing our opinions for freedom. We should give our audience the sense of being able to make a difference. And in order to not give them falsified hopes and dreams of having an actual input in whatever sort of activism we choose to take upon, we should also create a platform welcoming and easy enough for other people to join in.

Just an idea, perhaps Ahmed, Chris, and George would be better equipped to create a presence of our group and the activism we are pursuing in the online community. As I was stated previously, I think the diversity on areas of strengths in our perfectly-sized group can be utilized for our activity tot he fullest.

On a side note, I sincerely apologize for my absence in class on December 2nd, 2015. I was unable to make it for personal reasons and I hope to catch up on whatever was discussed in class through Naveeda and Samantha in one of our other classes.

One Response to Response 13: Final Tactical Media Project Ideas from Duncombe

1. No worries, Rownak. Thanks for another thoughtful post.