Writing restructures consciousness.
1. What is meant by this? Name one way in which this takes place.
2. Explain what becomes possible as an effect of writing that is not an effect of print. How does writing change the oral mind.
3. How does the relationship to time change? To dating? How does the relationship to the self change?
4. How does consciousness change as an effect of print?
5. In what ways is writing a very special case in the way it relates to rhetoric and learned Latin?
6. How is the novel and literature not an effect of rhetoric but it’s an effect of vernacular languages?
7. How is poetry a subset of rhetoric?
8. How is rhetoric male and literature female?
9. How did rhetoric get absorbed into literacy, leading to its demise?