So far for unit three, I’ve gathered a lot of research on a specific community problem that involves the MTA. To be specific, I found useful information that discusses why trains get delayed and how this problem could possibly be avoided. In my research, I came to a conclusion that signal malfunctions are a huge cause for train delays. With this information, I’ve decided to write an open letter to the board members of the MTA which will go more in depth regarding signal malfunctions and it’s affect on commutes. For better understanding, I read examples of letters written with similar issues so that I could have an idea of what to include in the letter. I started off the letter very briefly and to the point so the members could know that what they’re about to read is serious. Although I struggled with figuring out if I should include some information in the beginning of the letter or not I managed to make a list of what I wanted to include in the beginning, middle, and end of the letter eventually. This allowed me to see where information would sound the most appropriate in terms of the topic I chose. Even though I created this list, I still might have difficulty knowing what to add and what not to add in the letter. For example, I don’t want to be repetitive but maybe that’s what the board needs to see to actually realize that change needs to happen. On the other hand, maybe that’s just what the boards needs to see to not want to read anymore and throw the letter out. I wouldn’t know. But if it was me, I wouldn’t want to read something too repetitive so I’ve decided to add information from the beginning of the letter to the end but in different words. Lastly, for the conclusion of the letter, I’ve also decided to write mainly about the steps that could lead to solutions which for starters involves writing the letter to the board members. I’m not too sure if most of the information I found are steps to solutions or just simply solutions. Most of it just seems like possible solutions. This isn’t too much of a difficulty but it could become confusing because I’m not sure if were supposed to add steps to solutions as well as the solutions or just the steps.

1 thought on “”

1. Hi! Great planning. Honestly, I would not be repetitive. In this case, it’s better to focus on quality than quantity. Get as much info in there as possible. Be as convincing as possible, but also– these are busy people. Cut to the chase!