XXXTentacion: A Misunderstood Inspiration (Unit 2)

Video:
https://youtu.be/znTbuA6Qjj0

My creative project is gonna be a video on the late artist XXXTentacion, explaining his background and mainly how he inspired me both spiritually and emotionally. I want to make something related to videos we saw in class with Frank Ocean, describing the artist, his actions, and how they impacted me. I figured since I’m currently getting into video editing, this would be a great opportunity to go into detail on how this misunderstood artist was an inspiration to me.

Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy, also known as XXXTentacion, a SoundCloud rapper from Miami, Florida, was shot dead in late June of 2018 and was 20 years old. It is truly sad that such an influential artist has passed away. Though we are all aware of what he had done wrong, from his violent history of beating people up to allegations of him beating his pregnant girlfriend. XXXTentacion had always been spreading love and positivity through his movements and messages he sent out to fans, and through his music, and that’s the point I want to make in this creative project.

Later in life he has donated to many different charities and helped a lot of people in need of help. His music inspires people to be creative and do what they want to do. It also helps people with depression and other personal issues feel better. If I had to summarize his music I would say that it is a audio therapy session. The music that he crafts has helped me get through hard times in my life and still does. His music makes your depression kind of fade away.  

X was such an amazing person who had the biggest desire to be a better person. He helped so many people through depression, and texted people helping them through hard times and telling them “ It’s gonna be alright.” I just wish he was right now. He gave his friends, fans, and family advice after advice when they were sad or in a bad state of mind. He was so inspirational and loved to make others laugh. Whenever he smiled he lit up the world. His name with be forever remembered in the pits of this earth. The difference he made and impact he put into the music industry is literally incredible. We all make mistakes and that’s what makes us human. Our flaws just define our differences and we all have them. I was one of his biggest fans and from my point of view everyone who listened to him and knew about him felt like they knew him personally because he was such a selfless, understanding, intelligent, and heart-warming blessing of a human being. He put others before himself, and somehow got everyone and understood how they felt from each part of his heart. He didn’t deserve to die in such a terrible way. He is was my motivation and he will continue to be. Because of X, I am who I am today, and I’m grateful for that. Thank you, Jahseh. Your legacy lives on.