I was influenced by my mentor article because the artist that was being mentioned is in the same music genre as the artist I’m speaking about. What the writer does in the article is pick out different lines and verses of the song “The Story of O.J.” and analyze and dictate it. I try to do the same in my article with Meek Mill’s article “Trauma”. What I want to avoid is just talking about the lyrics and just babbling along the lines. I don’t want to get my audience bored. How I see my article fitting into publication by the way of the media attention mental health gets.

Post traumatic stress disorder is a mental health disease that isn’t talked about a lot. It needs to get as much attention. My audience is the justice system and white America and how they need to stop demonizing the character of black men who were arrested for possession of a firearm. Some times the trauma comes from witnessing your own kin or friend get  murdered in front of your eyes. So it’s ideal that you walk around strapped up. Black men have an unbelievable weight on their shoulders. The stress comes in every direction on a daily basis. The impact of walking down the street in your own neighborhood can be a traumatic experience in itself. You don’t know who to trust. You would love to trust your brother who shares the same pigment, but he’s bound by that same fear that has you tip toeing on eggshells just to walk to work or school. The kind of language that I feel will engage my audience is the explicit content in the lyrics and picturing my audience there and have them have the feeling instead of judging.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/the-meaning-of-jay-zs-the-story-of-oj-is-all-about-racism-in-america-7999549