Jade Wearing

Eng 1101-OL10

Professor Edelson

Final Reflection and Portfolio

Wow, to look back at the work I did I am so very proud of myself to come a long way and doing what’s write. Even though I have completed my work, there are revisions I think that can still be made. For my Unit 1 project, I think I could’ve had went more in dept with the personal experiences I chose to represent how my view on education came to be and elaborated more on it. I don’t think I expressed my experiences clearly enough to get the best response intended from the purpose of the project. For my unit 2 project, I think I could’ve had expressed more of my opinions towards the articles and video I selected to write about and expressed more of how it made me feel and how the information and the writing, the way the information and thoughts were expressed to me, really made a huge major impact. I don’t think that my voice towards the article and the video was enough so I think I could’ve had went a little bit deeper into it.

This semester had a lot of ups and downs for me and it was kind of a bit too much to handle for me. I first came into this semester with the mindset of a person that is looking to succeed in all his classes with all A’s, then ended the semester off as a person that is just looking to pass all of his classes and to just get it over with. When it comes to my classes, this class was like the main class and I was struggling in and falling behind on. I was really stressed out, mostly towards the end of the semester because I had to worry about all my finals for all my classes and the work I had to make up because I put myself in that predicament by till waiting last minute. I learned a lot of new things such as life lessons such as to don’t wait to last minute to do things, especially school, and it order to get what you really want, you have to put your mind to it and put in the work needed to succeed. Even though I kind of waited last minute to do my assignments, I still learned a lot about me and about my writing. One major thing I learnt that, even though I have all these thoughts and ideas in my mind, I don’t really know how to express it by writing so now I know what to really work on and improve on. My favorite assignment that I worked on this semester for this class was the unit 2 project and that is because I had the chance to write about something that I really love and something that I am very passionate about. Gaming will always mean a lot to me where it was always in my life, is in my life, and will always be in my life. I also learned that my favorite types of writing are personal narratives as where I can dig deep in personal experiences that I can write and express a lot about. Overall, this semester, which was my first semester of college, was a lot for me and was really an eye opener where I really need to get my stuff together. I’ve learned a lot and the lessons I learnt are lessons I will never forget and will definitely incorporate them in my life.