The research I did in Unit 2 was about police reform and ways we can go about it I wanted to choose police reform because I think it is a problem that needs addressing and I believe that it causes some problems in America, and I think people of all ages can understand the need of police reform specifically people in their late teen’s early twenties and the genre that I think that will best suit the audience is nonfiction.

Artist statement

The reason I chose police reform is because I believe it is saying that we the people can change and it is something I believe in, I believe in it because  when you see on Tv the system not working the way it should and government officials who made those laws not do anything to the people that they gave power to you get a bit frustrated and a bit sad about it, even though the solution to police reform may not be easy I believe it can be done now I am not saying get rid of all the cops but their needs to be some accountability done to make sure the people are protected because we are not protected as much as we should be and that is frustrating.

The reason I chose the genre I did is because it is happening in our daily lives more then we think we do not hear a lot of the misuse of power that is not recorded the only reason why people are just now waking up is because it is now being recorded it was not recorded before like the way it is now people all have camera’s and can record everything on their phones. The reason chose late teens to early twenties for the audience is because, I believe they can cause the most change if I were to choose people younger they wouldn’t understand or care if I chose older they would something to the effects of it’s always been like that you can’t change it I’ve seen a video like that on the internet where some girl is crying to her parents and the parents are saying “you can’t change anything it’s always been like that what are you going to do” and I think’s it’s that mindset that kept us stagnate and it the same place the last few years many people think just because we had a black president many things would change well newsflash many things stayed the same both political parties are not doing anything the democrats still take the minorities they have for granted and promise them all these things and never fulfill on them and the republicans don’t do anything either they always say support us but when you support them they have no plan either. the reason I chose to talk about this aspect is because I believe it is not talked about enough how the youth really are the future if we have misguided youth, we have no future really. The purpose of this piece is to inform people of the power they have and way we can all go about police reform.

If I change anything in my research, I will add more examples like for examples the way people went about change in the past and compare that to police reform like how Rosa parks sat down on the bus and how MLK marched and things like that to compare it to today and the protest today about how people want to “defund” the police and people want to change things.