A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Unit 2 Project discussion and Brainstorming– COMMENTS PLZ.

Where to start huh? 2020 has been a nonstop rollercoaster. If it is not one thing, it is another.  After brainstorming, I could have a whole mouth full to every little bit of our current events. The one that interests me is what is going on with social distance learning. I am a mother of a 9 year old in the 4th grade fully remote, a 2 year old who is going through a growing  phase during a pandemic, and myself deciding that returning to college full time remotely during these time was ideal. I am seeing the pros and many cons of blended learning. And the emotional toll not only myself but my children, their teachers, their peers, and my professors. I just received an email from  the DOE and DOH on new cases that show the school down for two weeks. I want to write about the advantages and disadvantages of social distance/ remote learning on the community, on education, and mental health. Maybe interview some parents, teachers, and some children and see what they think. I seen video podcast from teachers on the issue. Some teachers plan out refusing to leave and some teachers that are mentally not handling it well (we have to stay together, be kind). I  lost a family member to covid-19 and knew people that got sick. some that lost their jobs and some that don’t know what to do.

1. Prof. Edelson

You have hit upon an issue that will make your project interesting because you are not only passionate and curious about the subject but you also have a front row seat to the unfolding of the experience across different platforms. I look forward to seeing what sources you find to flesh out your understanding of the issues, both pedagogical and psychological, at play.
    Thanks and GREAT JOB!
    Prof. Edelson

2. Litzy

I know during this time everything can be super difficult especially online learning, It’ll be interesting to see a parent’s perspective on this situation and how you’re handling everything especially having to deal with your own remote learning as well.