Where I’m From

Whenever I hear where I’m from it reminds me of my country and my culture. It reminds me where I belong to, it reminds me of myself, it reminds me of my life journey. 

Where I’m from, I am from a small beautiful country Bangladesh where people live with big dreams. Where I’m from, I am from a society where culture is the most important and beautiful thing. It does not matter where you go, your culture will go with you. Where I’m from, I represent my culture in me. 

Where I’m from, I am from a beautiful religion Islam. A religion that only teaches us love and peace. I am a proud Muslim. Where I’m from, I belong to a great family where every relation is important. I have a big family with grandparents, parents, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunties and friends. Where I’m from, I am from a home. The home where I live with my beautiful two sisters and my parents who I love the most.

Where I’m from, I am from Bronx, New York. I am a New Yorker who left her country and came here for a better life and for better education. I am a person with big dreams and came here to succeed in my dreams. Where I’m from, I am a freshman in college who’s daily routine is to  wake up everyday in the morning and  take classes every day. To finish all work as much as possible with virtual learning difficulties. Where I’m from, I am a neighborhood where  everyday people wake up and go to work to live. Where students are at home and looking outside through the window to see a right path to achieve their goals. 

Part-2

In his speech John Lewis was talking about love and peace. He told us to spread love and positivity wherever we go. In his editorial he talked about humanity. Humanity means good behaviour as a human. Humans are made to spread peace. Doesn’t matter which ethnicity you have, doesn’t matter what country you belong to humanity comes first. I came to the United States from Bangladesh. Where I grew up. In my country everything is different than here whether it’s education or society or people’s personality. But I made myself perfect for this society, to live in this new society. I was interested in knowing these new personalities from my school or from my neighborhood. And I found out that this new journey is really enjoyable. This new society teached me so many new things. It was my good trouble and I think sometimes people also learned many good things from trouble.