Juilliard Wind Orchestra

Posted by on Sep 23, 2015 in Uncategorized | No Comments

Wind orchestra is a performing ensemble consisting of members of the woodwind, brass, and percussion families of instruments, along with the double bass. I didn’t know a concert band is also call wind ensemble before I did the online research. This group activity inspire my artistic and musical soul a lot.  I wanted to go to a classic or jazz concert for a while but never had time to make it come true.  Fortunately, this class helped me out. The YouTube link that I posted here is the previous performance from Julliard Wind Orchestra.  The delight and harmonious melody absolutely consoles my stress. I’m very excited to watch this concert in person which I never did in my life time. I have heard people talking about orchestras a lot but never really experience it. I wish what I can gain from this concert experience is very simple, I just want to enjoy the music itself and try to break down the different sounds by different instruments as challenge by myself in my mind and also, I will pay close attention to observe how all musicians cooperate in the concert.  Hopefully, I can share this experience with my friends and it is always good to try and participant various things in NYC.