Seeing Brooklyn as a Living Lab – Purple Team

On Friday February 1, four new living lab fellows, Susan Phillip, Jason Montgomery, Benjamin Shepard and myself, Anna Matthews, took a nice walk.  In an hour, walked through walked through several hundred years of Brooklyn history, within footsteps of the college.   Our charge was to take part in a scavenger hunt, in which we were to find twenty-five items on one hour.  Some of the sites of were easy – a new building.  Others, including a stop on the underground railroad took a little searching.  But in the end, we found all of them and more.  Looking at Brooklyn as a living laboratory of ideas, history, technology, people, animals, plants, places, buildings, monuments, courts, restaurants, vehicles, and works of art, we saw parts of the city and our history for the very first time.

So,here we go!

An institution of higher learning – because what is ‘higher’ is different for everybody: for one it may be a PhD, and for another it is to learn to write their name… (A day center for adults with developmental disabilities)

Old and new, together… And also a church, just happened to be nearby

A very living plant, despite the cold and never-stopping pedestrian traffic..

A method of transportation:

And then another one:

And yet another… 🙂

An animal..

Art:

Health care facility – our own! Please come – we are open 6 days a week now, and I am in clinic Tuesdays, Saturdays 🙂  (this, of course, is also a local advertising campaign…)

These were my favorite pictures – thank you Jason for sharing them with me. Please edit the post and add your favorite too!

One thought on “Seeing Brooklyn as a Living Lab – Purple Team