Urban Artifacts: Phase 1: Discover

Writing:

I took  journey through my backyard to find these objects because I wanted to find something organic and natural. I found three very different objects that are texturally different from one another. The first is a white smooth rock about the size of a ping pong ball. The second is a short twig that has interesting flower-like buds on the end of two stems that branch out. The last is a withered weed flower stalk that is full of tiny leaves and small purple flowers/buds. I feel that these objects really complement each other really well and work nicely together which is why I chose them.

Stable:

Ambiguous: 

Time:

An hour to hour and a half.

1 thought on “Urban Artifacts: Phase 1: Discover”

1. All of these organically shaped objects give way to some really dynamic silhouettes. If you wanted to for your stable sketches, I think you could experiment more with having the objects overlap like in your second sketch. Your third and fourth ambiguous compositions feel like the strongest ones in that set, mainly because of all the shapes in the negative space. I liked the use of the rock to link your thinner objects in those two sketches.