Day 1 with NSTI

It was great to meet you guys today, I hope you enjoyed the walk- a little long but beautiful. Also , continue thinking about your research topics and all the aspects of transportation you heard about.  On your way home, keep an eye out for everything around you- land, water, and air.

16 Responses to Day 1 with NSTI

1. basedmarcus says:

It was great to meet you to! I’m excited about the upcoming events this week. I look forward to the next couple of days and the new things to learn.

2. M.K. says:

It was great to meet you as well Professor Villatoro! Today was an okay day. Either way i’m excited for these other days to come. I’ll be sure to keep a look out for the things around me when i go home.

3. Lewis says:

Today was fun and new. The bridge walk was nothing new. Building the bridge was horrible, I did not even draw out a plan to be honest. No one asked questions to the guess speaker. I felt bad for the guys. When I ordered a chicken something I thought it would of been something different, but it was still good. I found peoples ages pretty surprising.

4. Steph says:

It was an interesting day today walking the bridge, working on the bridge model, and listening to the speakers from the M& J firm learning abot ITS. It was an exciting day.

5. Today was a fun day! The most interesting part to me was the brooklyn bridge short trip, minus the walking. I look forward to the rest of the week in this program!

6. Muñoz says:

The walk was too long… but besides that ITS systems sound complicated but it could be a benefit for society. To build a bridge I see that it needs a lot of support to be able to be strong. The sandwich was good… It was a great first day

7. Veronica says:

This was the first time I’ve seen or have walked on the Brooklyn Bridge and I’ve got to say it’s quite nice, but the floor did not seem sturdy so I will most likely never go on it again. Also, planning to build a bridge and making a model of it is harder than I thought, you have to measure the lengths for everything and make sure everything is fit, it’s hard work.

8. Ahmed says:

Today was kind of cool. I found out the different braches of Civil Engineer like a Traffic Engineer. I was told that we as the program class that we have to pick a topic that we will be researching about which includes transportation in different environments like land, water, and air. The topic that might pick would be traffic signal timing. We got to build bridges today which was awsome because I like building things thats hands on, like my previous college class Architecture Foundations, which I enjoyed because i can design what I want that expresses myself.

9. Dre says:

I never really walked in the brooklyn bridge so it was a fun experience for me, i was excited that i was able to make my model of the bridge today. Thanks for providing me lunch because i was indeed hungry. I can’t wait what is in stored tomorrow! the presentation of the ITS was inspiring, after today I will be more open minded about my surroundings =]

10. Pasan says:

Today was a fun day. I really enjoyed it. I got to see a good view from the Brooklyn bridge. I loved the chicken grilled sandwich and the cookie. Building the bridge was also really fun and interesting and I can’t wait to finish it.

11. fabio says:

Today was interesting and I enjoyed talking to everyone in the program. Learning and viewing the Brooklyn Bridge was fun. I enjoyed the chicken sandwich and found the lunch presentation informal and beneficial.

12. Jeffrey says:

Today was ok. I liked building the bridge the most.Building the bridge was easier then i thought it would be. I don’t know what im going to do for the poster thing because i have no idea what topic to pick. I liked being on the bridge but i don’t like going on the brooklyn bridge because it has to many people riding bikes on it. The people that were do the presentation during lunch were kind of boring until we could start asking questions.

13. Lia says:

Today was great for the frist day being here, my experiences were very interesting. We walked to the brooklyn bridge which was cool and plus I nevered walked there before so it was exiciting to be there. allthough it was tiring because it was too hot to walk all the way over there. I took pictures with my friend and the bridge too, had a great view of it. another activity we did was skteched our bridge we are going to make, I liked it cause I liked hands on activities but I thought my bridge was ugly a bit couldve been better but its alright. We had the presentation which was interesting usaually I hate presentations cause you have to listen for a long time over something thats boring but this one was great. The best part honsetly was that we ate and the food was gooood. I love to eat cause otherwise I cannot consentrate. But ready to go home now, it was long but exiciting and fun day today.

14. Giusel says:

Today was the first day of city technology program and it was interesting because we vised the Brooklyn bridge and made a bridge out of sticks using information about bridges. we had discussion about the difference between varies branches of engineering in water, land and air. i am struggling on which topic to chose since all of them are interesting.

15. Natasha says:

It was a new experience for me. Learning about ITS and seeing the Brooklyn Bridge. I have a different view overall on civil engineering or the tranportation field in general ITS was very informative. The presentators talked about traffic lights and how they have to monitor the pedestrians and such. At first I thought that traffic lights that just turned yellow, green, and red. But it’s much more than that it helps keeping time with the pedestrians and how much traffic there is. On to another experience was we started making bridges out of balsa wood. Which was a great hand-on experience. So I am looking foward to the rest of this week and what STI has in store! 😀