3 thoughts on “Benjamin, Michael and Yaoxin(Groups 7 Concert)

1. Felix Zhang Post author

Our group is attending a Orchestra concert in Juilliard School. This will be my first experience of attending a Orchestra concert. This concert includes Mozart’s Serenade No. 11, Selections from Così fan tutte for Eight Winds and STRAUSS Suite in B-flat. Serenade K375 was composed by Mozart to impress the musical advisor for the Emperor of Vienna, Joseph II. Mozart admitted, “The main reason for writing it was to let Herr von Strack hear something of mine, and so I put a little extra care into it; as a result it was much applauded.”

2. Benjamin

Since this is my first time attending an orchestra of any sort, I’m not exactly sure what to expect. I know that Juilliard is a well known performing arts school so I will have to see how I enjoy it. The concert includes performances on Mozart’s Serenade No. 11 in E-flat, STRAUSS Suite in B-flat, and Mozart Selections from Così fan tutte for Eight Winds. Listening to a little of a piece that will be played, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anOHvauXQXU, I expect to hear wind instruments, but I can’t wait to see their own rendition of this piece. I’m looking forward to my first orchestra experience.