Bowery Brothers Podcast

Listening to the Bowery Brother’s Podcast was interesting. I tended to notice the style of the podcast more, and realized how professional and clean cut the podcast was (as compared to my own rendition of a “podcast”). I couldn’t help but realize that most of the podcast was basic information that we learned as a class from the first couple of classes when we explored the topic of GCT, and I wasn’t as engaged as I was while watching videos that had most of the same information. I feel like listening to history is harder to focus on, while visually experiencing it is more interesting. However, I thought it was interesting that we were able to get most of all the basic information of GCT through an assortment of mediums. We were able to read about the iterations of the depot, and the transition of the locomotives etc, then we were able to visually see this information through videos that we watched in class, then we took the tours of GCT where we were able to first hand experience the space of GCT.. so listening to the podcast was kind of taking a step back. I do think that it was an interesting stylistic way of sharing information through a podcast, and it helped me to understand the way a podcast should sound like (something that we have to do for the final project).