During my time here at Eventive has been an eventful experience. The staff here has a great sense of humor. You’ll always hear someone laughing or cracking a joke, but when it comes to mentorship or looking for one it’s not so easy. The reason why I say this is because everyone is in their own heads thinking whether or not the client was satisfied or not so initially mentoring someone is not in their best of interest right now.

Luckily you might find someone who is willing to sacrifice their time to help coach you  to become knowledgeable of the mentee’s surroundings, and I was lucky enough to have my supervisior whom which is the creative director to take the time out of his busy work schedule to speak to me for 30 mins every Wednesday to see how I’m doing, sharing his work to get an idea of how to better conceptualize  something while trying to pick my brain on what I want to improve on and achieve during this internship. I absolutely appreciate him for being supportive and understanding of me making the transition once I’ve graduated.

He has taught me to control my nervous actions when presenting in front of everyone. There are times when I  do find the confidence to speak to an audience, and not freeze up and there are times when I just completely shut down and go completely blank. I’m going to get that under control, but you never get rid of your nervousness because it’s what makes your presentation  energetic and genuine.