Transplanting

So many seedlings!

Today Maen and Dana, (a new garden club member) worked in the sun and wind to transplant about 125 healthy tomato plants into new digs (larger pots). This way they can continue to thrive in the greenhouse.  In a few weeks (May 18) they will be brought back to City Tech to be sold at the Hospitality Garden Club annual plant sale!  (the tomato plants that is, not Maen and Dana.)

It was really a beautiful day up on the roof. Exceptionally bright and breezy. We also watered and fertilized the bok choy that is growing well in the raised beds outside. The whole farm up there is looking good, as are the farmers.

Keep growing, keep giving back,  Maen and Dana.

2 Responses to Transplanting

1. Hi Maen and Dana –
    I’m a member of the OpenLab Community Team. The work this club is doing sounds great and I’d really love to highlight the site ‘In the Spotlight’ (on the homepage of OL and on The Open Road), especially because you have an event coming up that our members might be interested in, but I don’t see a faculty contact. Do you know who I might contact to get permission to spotlight this site?
    Thank you!!
    Kristen