Franklin Hill Vineyard

Tasting room prices range between $3-$5 dollars for up to six tastings of wines
It was little road trip to get to this wonderful vineyard in Bangor, Pensilvania, it was a one hour-half trip but it was worth it. I when with my family during my birthday weekend and made of this trip more than just an assignment but an adventure as well as a new experience and sure it was becasue in Franklyn Hill they don’t make our typical wine varieties that we are custume to see at our typical wine store. But I will have to f they add there own twist to artisanal wine making and there special blends makes them unique to the pallet. When we arrived to vineyard we got there just in time for there first 12:00 pm tour. First we walked through the vineyards but they were were still in dormit there was not much to look at the soil type in this land is between sandy and gravel very rich in nutrients because if it’s black color and the feel of sand you can feel the different components of the soil.

Vineyards at dormit

Vineyards at dormit

Then we went to the cellars were they had steel pots for fermenting there wine, and I will have to say this has been one the most exiting places I have been to because every pot had a unique taste and aroma each steel pot had a surprise inside. One of my favorite wines was the one names Katie’s Creek it was very smooth medium bodied with a hits of golden apples and honeysuckle as well as a crisp clean finish. One of there specialty wines I tried as well that I was surprice was the cotton candy blend it was very sweet for my taste but it would defenetly go well with special funky cocktail.

overall this has been a great expirence. I definitely recommend to visit Fraklin Hills Vineyards on a warmer weather you can enjoy the surroundings also the staff were very atenttive to there guest question and very passionate about there work place.

Tasting sheet and list of different wines to pick out for tasting limited to six as well as the cost per bottle.