Storm Stories

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• strom in jamaica Queens/ south ozone park

juli
    Participant

In the end of the storm i came out lucky with some lights out and a few trees down, however that doesn’t mean i had an easy night. It was about an hour after the storm hit when my brother had to leave for work, he is an national grid worker. He was stationed to man a hole in Sea-gate in Coney Island when i got a frantic call from my brother. He was stuck in the middle of the area on top of a truck with his partner and the water keep rising. It got so bad that his friends truck got washed away. I was home with his family and my mum while being on the phone with the Coast Guard telling to pick up my brother and his friends. It wasn’t until 8 hours later till my brother was picked up bot by the coast guard but by his friend that came with a huge flatbed truck to rescue all his co-workers. After that Disaster was over the neighborhood next to me was hit which is Howard Beach and that’s where my Nonna and aunt and cousins and uncle live. There whole house flooded and were evacuated and came to stay with me. They lived with me for 2 or so weeks. My job is also located in Howard Beach so i was temporarily out of a job until this week which was rough. My h.s. in Rockaway was destroyed and where i ran on the boardwalk. It was a hard time but i cant complain my family and my home are safe.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.