Statistics with Probability

active 10 years, 2 months ago
Statistics with Probability
Mathematics
MAT 1372

A 3 credit but 4 hour introductory course. Topics include sample space, expectation and variance, binomial, Poisson, normal, student and chi-square distributions, confidence interval, hypothesis testing, correlation and regression. Students do 3 projects, 1 individual and 2 in groups and choose one of the group projects to present at the end of the semester. The extra classroom hour is designed to facilitate a hands-on feel to the course including a heavy use of MS Excel.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Ezra Halleck

Welcome MAT 1372 students!

One important area of statistics is visualization. The header for our site is taken from the World […] See MoreWelcome MAT 1372 students!

Comment on "Hmwk"

Most homework problems have their answers in the back of the book. If that is enough, then I […] See MoreComment on "Hmwk"

Comment on "Hmwk"

Will we be able to check our homework with the posted answers or will we go over it in class? See MoreComment on "Hmwk"

Comment on "Projects"

Yes, we did good job with this project, but it was stressful. The time was short. See MoreComment on "Projects"

FinalReview 8

I apologize for orginally stating the toothpaste problem wrong. I at first was thinking that I would take the point of view (POV) of a regulator. Then I switched midstream to the POV of the company. From the regulator's POV, she wants to […] See MoreFinalReview 8

FinalReview 3

For the sample mean as a distribution, the standard deviation is reduced by a factor of 1/sqrt(16)=1/4 So we get .917/4=.229 See MoreFinalReview 3