MAT 1175 – Fundamentals of Mathematics

• Individual Progress Report For Group Project 2 - Shakirah Greenidge
  • #12520

My group made a list of the tasks that need to be accomplished by next week. This list included the items needed to build our hands on component, the dimensions of the project and any other confusion that the group members had. There were no huge changes made to the project, only a correction on our science part of the assignment. My group still needs to build the actual bridge and work on the information section of our project. I will bring in some of the remaining parts for the bridge such as glue, wires, cardboard and paint. Me and my group mate Chyna will do most of the PowerPoint and we will also take pictures of us completing the bridge. Also, me and my group mate Sylvester will take one last trip to the bridge and make sure the structure of our model bridge is correct. Our project consists of lighting the bridge for the holidays so our science component will be connected to electricity and the watts needed to light the bridge. This will consist of the decorations and all other lights on the bridge.
    Even though my group hasn’t had a lot of time to meet collectively, we have set aside certain days to work on the project and certain days to discuss what else needs to be done. I enjoy working with my group and my members each bring something fresh and exciting to the experience. My group member Diego has a rough work schedule that keeps us rarely in communication, but he still does his part and is one of our more creative members, so I have no complaints. While I loathe actually doing this project, I enjoy my group. The only reason I can really find for us working in groups this way is to experiment how college students work together in a group setting. Usually urban college students are introspective, and usually come to school and leave without communicating. This project was probably constructed to make a difference

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)