COMD1167-D146 Type & Media, SP2017

active 10 months, 4 weeks ago
COMD1167-D146 Type & Media, SP2017
Communication Design
COMD1167
Spring 2017

This is a foundation course in typography with an emphasis on using type for a multiple of industry related applications ranging from print to interactive. Students will be introduced to principles of type design and terminology including: variations of type structure, anatomy, font usage, grid, leading, kerning, tracking and alignment. Students will learn industry standard software such as InDesign on the Macintosh operating system.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Prof. Mary Brown

Farewell and Good Luck

We’ve finally come to the end and I hope each of you are looking forward to continuing your s […] See MoreFarewell and Good Luck

Thanks to Our Guest Speakers

This semester we had the pleasure of two guest speakers. On May 10th, Shayne Alexander came to […] See MoreThanks to Our Guest Speakers

Adding Buttons to Interactive PDFs

If you are still having problems getting interactive buttons to work in your projects, here is a […] See MoreAdding Buttons to Interactive PDFs

Comment on "Through the Streets of Bed-Stuy"

Good observation Emmanuel. When I was your age, Bed-Stuy was a place that people wanted to visit […] See MoreComment on "Through the Streets of Bed-Stuy"

Comment on "My World of Typography"

So, based on the typography used in your neighborhood, what does it reflect about your neighborhood? See MoreComment on "My World of Typography"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.