Western Typefaces—A Quick Look

infographic of typeface history

I came across this really cool and informative infographic about the history of typefaces. I highly recommend checking it out. The design of this is great too. It’s easy to follow, and as I mentioned, it is full of information.

The infographic below presents a history of typefaces, incorporating fun tidbits from tech, pop culture and the web. Do you know what font the Google logo is? What about Facebook? Take a peek below to learn these and more.

Take a look at the full image, A History of Western Typefaces. Also observe the way the type in this design is used and the elements that lead you to follow information.

One thought on “Western Typefaces—A Quick Look

1. In the article of Western typefaces, I find that the catul font debuts in the Google logo in 1999. However, I do not know what the font of catul looks like. In 2004, Joe Kral designed the Facebook logo, which features a modified version of Klavika bold. Most of the information on this article I do not know. The only thing that I know is Microsoft office replaced Times New Roman with Calibri as the default typeface in 2007. I know the typeface has been changed because I use a Microsoft Word often. When you go to Microsoft Word, there are a lot of fonts that you can choose. However, I use only one or two of them that I use frequently. In our life, many things are changing; but, we do not know. This is the same as the Google and Facebook that I mentioned before.