Proposal

so i had an idea.
a history of science fiction throughout the gaming industry. science fiction has a huge genre base in gaming and has spawned many different franchises and cultural hits.

how has science fiction as a genre influenced and shaped the gaming industry as it is today? from basic 8 bit games such as asteroid, the the engine based games of today such as destiny, video games were made for science fiction. what i would like to look at in my presentation and paper, is how in the history of gaming has society been influenced, and the cultural backlash that many games have had on it. what is considered science fiction as a genre in gaming, seeing as there are many SF themes in many games. how has SF grown and changed in gaming meaning what has gaming changed for SF. what sort of advancements have been made as a result of a demand SF genre games.

i would like to find out how Science fiction has redefined gaming over the years. how it has affected the gaming and regular community, and why people love it so and still demand it. i want to answer these questions as best i can and find out for myself the impact SF has had on my games. this is something that hits close to home for me.

This entry was posted in Project #2, Proposals by nag241. Bookmark the permalink.

About nag241

Lets see, something about me? Well right now I'm kinda of floating around in life, I lost direction a while ago but i think I'm starting to find my way around, and where I think its going to lead me might be in art, (BTW this whole paragraph is about my future and what i think about that) by becoming a animator and a cartoonist, I really love cartoons, like I grew up on it and am really excited about creating shows on the internet or on TV. Now on to the good stuff of who I am as a person. I am somewhat crazy and super energetic. I have ADHD II and not that I'm telling you this as an excuse or anything, its something I'm really proud of, I own and utilize it to the fullest, Especially when I'm riding my bike. I am a exercise enthusiast, and love being active, to be honest writing about it right now is giving me the urge to run around. I love pandas, my favorite colors are Pink and Black, I Hate koalas cause there ass-holes, and I love doing voices impressions and acting. There's really alot more about me that i can tell you, however I'm too lazy to write it so if it pleases you and you're interested, you (my classmates and/or teacher) can ask me and I would be so happy to tell you whatever you want to know. Sooo yeah, that's me, in a nutshell I guess. I'm very excited for this class, and to get to know those in it. Can't wait to work together with you guys.

1 thought on “Proposal

1. Nicholai, a full (minimum two paragraph) proposal was due 4/24. I’m happy to provide feedback / help you focus your project, but right now I don’t have enough to go on. The relationship between SF and “gaming” has promise, but you need to develop your ideas much more. Please revise and create a new post, ASAP.