Journal 6 – 8

Journal 6

Social marketing seems to be going nicely. In the begging of social marketing process, half of my request was rejected in Facebook and I got eventually blocked  in adding friends for a while. Nevertheless, those who accepted my request were more than 300 people, and the number has been growing every day.  The number of people who have clicked “like” button in Facebook page hit finally 200 in 2 weeks. The target audiences are mainly nail technicians in USA. Many nail salon owners have their Facebook page so it was not hard to find and add them as friends. After securing more than 200 people, people who add me as a friend are automatically increasing. So I don’t need to find and add anymore.  It was pretty good result.

Since there are more works I need to take care of the boss asked me to work one more day. He offered me $200 per week and transportation card to commute. I accepted his offer and I am going to work 3 days per week since from 24 Mar.   I was glad because of two reasons. First of all, I can help them more. Secondly, it means that the boss recognized my capability.

It is not easy to commute by bus between NYC and NJ. So I have to control my mind in order not to get stress whenever I got stuck in Lincoln Tunnel due to big traffic jam. However, I decided to think that this is not bad because those works in the company are pleasant and I enjoyed it. The pleasantness is enough to make up the horrible traffic jam.

Journal 7

We are going to have beauty show in Flushing 30 Mar. We have only one week until then. Everyone had super busy week since I have worked here. We had to design various artworks such as posters, advertisement video, brochures, package design, order form.  Fortunately, Jay has prepared almost everything before then. In despite of Jay’s preparation, we got still much to do.

In the meeting with boss, I suggested turning on motion graphic video to promote our products by a beam projector to catch customers’ eye strongly. I know how to use motion graphic tool so I suggested working the video before the show. Then, the boss accepted this proposal.

All the co-workers spent very busy time on preparing the beauty show. I have worked on the motion graphic video with all my endeavors. Firstly, I decided a concept. The concept is a vintage style poster, so I collected various manicure posters in 1970s. Then I arranged our nail gel products on the retro style background. The working seemingly is going smoothly.

We are still working on and spending busy time. I hope the show will be successful as much as we tried and prepared.

Journal 8

The show was great. However, I am not sure that promoting our products was successful or not.  My boss said there were less people than last year, and the sales record a little bit decreased in comparison with last beauty show.  I could not estimate how it failed to promote our products  since it was the first show for me. But I thought at least all staffs were busy in the show.

The video was successful.  It include background music named “one day” , which is a song of Caro emerald. The song goes well with the video. Whenever the video started over with the music it was enough attractive to catch people’s eye.  Besides, boss liked the vintage concept.

After the show, we faced a lot of paper works. We needed to organize customers’ information and orders. For past 3 days, I focused on only paper works apart from design working. I made invoices next to Jay. This is totally first time for me to handle invoice program. So I had to ask many things to Jay.

Then I began to work 3 days from this week because there are a lot of works to do.

On Friday after work, my boss gave me one white envelope. I opened it and checked $ 200 in it. He said he is going to pay me $200 every week.  I am very glad this happened. I made my mind that I will work

Posted in Uncategorized.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.