Morning Window

Jeffrey Pepen

IMG_20140217_062412

February 17,2014

This photo was taken, as I awake from my sleep, from my apartment window in Bronx, New York. In the picture there is nothing but darkness surrounding the window in the center of the photo. The photo was taken from an angle giving the entire image a tilt. A small resemblance of a  sunrise can be seen through the window, showing the color of a blue sky at top fading into faint orange color at the bottom. Two dark, cylinder figures are present in the corner of the windows. Blinders at the top of the window create tight black lines, while the bottom of the window only has a few black lines, spaced out, from the bars these windows have. It is noticeable that the window is cracked open a bit. The edges surrounding the window are in complete darkness.

One Response to Morning Window

1. Sean Scanlan says:

Hi Jeffrey,

To be honest, unless the room itself is tilted, the crooked photo looks like a mistake, rather than an artistic choice. What I mean is, when we see a window, it is straight. I recommend editing the photo to straighten it. When you straighten the image out, then I would approve the photo, for there is a nice amount of balance to discuss.
    Best, Prof. Scanlan